January 5, 2013

I Love January

I love January.  It's not the weather, although so far this year it hasn't been bad.  No, it's because in January I go into an organizing and cleaning frenzy.  I organize...my life, calendar, house.

I start by picking my word for the year.  This year it is "renewal," which goes along well with my organizing and cleaning frenzy.  I choose a system for reading the Bible through.  I start a new prayer journal.  I set some goals for the new year.

Next, I organize my new calendar.  I put in information...birthdays, anniversaries, and phone numbers.

Then comes the organizing and cleaning of our house.  This year I started in my office.  The closet in my office contains paperback books, Bible studies, photographs (which I organized last year!), sewing things, crafts, vases, wrapping paper, and miscellaneous things that gather over time.  I got rid of many paperback books since I now read my books on my IPad.  I organized my sewing things and craft boxes.  I organized my wrapping paper by putting the wrapping paper in a shoe rack that is turned on it's side to keep the paper from falling everywhere, put a nail in the wall to hang the gift bags, used baskets for ribbons and bows.  I removed a small file cabinet that I wasn't using.  Then I moved on to the rest of the room.  I have kept my desk fairly organized so I put away the clutter gathered on top and dusted.  I dusted the remaining furniture and baseboards. I then vacuumed.   Office finished!

The next room I tackled was the kitchen.  Our pantry is in need of cleaning and organizing, but I need to buy new containers...so I will work on the pantry later.  I put away clutter.  I wiped down the counters, cabinets, appliances, and baseboards.  I vacuumed the floors and then mopped.  Kitchen finished!

Next I will clean and organize the living room, dining room, and entry.  Followed by the guest rooms, bathrooms, and master bedroom.

I wish I could say that I keep our house organized and clean the rest of the year, but that never happens.  At least I start out right.  I love January!  



* I was going to include some before and after pictures, but I haven't figured out how to download pictures with my IPad yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment